Sunday, October 27, 2013

Help Our Library Grow Up

I created a project on Donors Choose over the summer called "Help Our Library Grow Up". As I was weeding out books from my 3rd grade classroom library to prepare for my new 5th grade students, I noticed that there were not many for them to choose from. Plus, those that were left were not the best for 5th grade readers. I heard that US Cellular would be funding many classroom projects in September and October throughout Iowa and a few other states.

The books that I selected were high quality, high interest books. Many fit our genre studies, others are series books. These arrived Thursday after school. I spread them out on our coffee table for students to see as they arrived Friday. They were so excited and already have selected many that they plan to read. I look forward to discussing them with my students as they enjoy them. A huge thanks to US Cellular for making this happen for my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment